About the Rossland Inn
Motivated Seller CA$1,245,000
Discover the unique opportunity to own the Rossland Inn, a prospering short-term rental business in the heart of downtown Rossland since 2014. With Hotel/Motel Commercial zoning, it offers a steady income from loyal customers (airbnb and direct bookings) and a hassle-free regulatory framework. Featuring 4 furnished apartments, 1 office, dry basement and 7 garage/workshops, the Rossland Inn is ideal for entrepreneurs, home businesses, and semi-retired individuals seeking work-life balance in a vibrant mountain town with abundant recreational activities. The motivated seller is eager to pass it on and offers a referral *spotters fee, making it an attractive investment opportunity for individuals and real estate agents alike. Don’t miss out on this gem!
Address: 2253 Washington Street, Rossland V0G1Y0 British Columbia Canada
3 short-term rental + 1 owner occupied apartments
7 Workshop or Storage Units (5 are garages)
Zoned C3 – Commercial Resort Hotel Motel
(legal short-term & vacation rental apartments)
9000square ft floor area
Total areas: 4 apartments = 10 bedrooms, 4 kitchens, 7 bathrooms, 7 garages, dry large basement and 2 blocks from Rossland’s town centre.
* A spotter’s fee will be paid to the person who introduces the eventual buyer of the building
Historic Charm Meets Modern Comfort: Your Opportunity Awaits!
- Established Short-term Rental Business Since 2014: Demonstrates a proven track record and established customer base which can provide a steady income stream for prospective buyers.
- Zoned Hotel/Motel Commercial: Provides a legal framework for operating a short-term rental or hotel/motel business, minimizing regulatory hurdles and ensuring compliance with local laws, which is a significant advantage for entrepreneurs and investors in this sector.
- 4 Apartments + 1 Office + 7 Car Garage or Workshop/Storage: Catering to individual or business needs.
- Home Office Haven: Dedicated space for home office set-up.
- Downtown Location: Access to local amenities, showcasing convenience.
- Proximity to Red Resort Ski Area: A haven for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Walking Distance to Shops and Cafes: Enhancing the living experience.
- Positive Guest Reviews: Establishing trust and satisfaction.
- Outdoor Activities: Hiking, biking, and skiing adventures await.
- Fully Furnished Short Term Apartments: Turnkey business, hassle-free move-in. (the owner wishes to retain certain pieces of furniture)
Video and Photos by Peter Plaunt
Welcome to the Rossland Inn, nestled in the heart of downtown Rossland. Immerse yourself in the local charm and hospitality during your stay. Our self-contained apartments cater to a variety of accommodation needs, whether you’re here for a brief night’s stay, a short-term visit, or an extended sojourn. Housed within the historic Agnew and Company building, dating back to 1900, the Rossland Inn offers spacious accommodations with separate bedrooms, fully-equipped kitchens, and ample living space. It’s the perfect haven for families, couples, and solo travellers, providing the freedom and comfort you desire.
Positioned as an ideal launchpad for outdoor enthusiasts, the Rossland Inn is your gateway to biking, hiking, skiing, or simply unwinding amidst nature’s beauty. Conveniently located just two blocks from the bustling main street, and situated diagonally from the renowned Flying Steam Shovel Pub and Idgies Restaurant plus we offer secure storage for your bikes, and space for your skis. The Rossland Inn is a mere 5-minute drive from the Red Ski Resort, Redstone Golf Course, Blackjack Cross Country Course and base town for the 7 Summits trail ride, while nearby trails beckon for hiking and biking adventures. Before you book, either via Airbnb or direct take a quick moment to peruse our glowing reviews, and rest assured that your hosts, Peter and Kimberley, are dedicated to ensuring your stay is nothing short of delightful. For more information, please visit our About page.
c1900 Agnew & Co – 2017 Rossland Inn
Take a glance at this captivating black and white photograph, showcasing the original building with a strikingly similar façade as it stands today. Dating back to the turn of the century in 1900, this remarkable structure was known as the Agnew & Co. building, housing a combined grocery and dry goods store that commenced operations. Positioned at the forefront of the building was a rail station, a vital hub for transporting gold from Red Mountain to destinations such as Spokane and Vancouver. Presently, a commemorative plaque adorns the building’s facade, and it holds the distinguished status of a historic landmark in the heart of Rossland. (While in Rossland, a visit to the Rossland Museum is highly recommended to delve deeper into its rich history).
During the early 1900s, the Agnew & Co. building underwent expansion as its business thrived. Oswald Bisson, who married the Agnew family’s daughter, assumed control of the establishment in the 1920s. A reflection of the times, groceries were transported to customers in horse-drawn sleighs during the winter months and by wagons during the summer. Following World War II, the building transitioned into a hub for a building supply store before ultimately being transformed into its current role as apartments.